Monday, July 19, 2010

Gulp...

Thats not the sound of me drinking, but the sound of me swallowing the lump in my throat.

Jon and I went house-hunting yesterday morning and found one the we REALLY liked. I mean, this house is beyond what we could have imagined us having. This house has 4 bedrooms, plus a room to be used as an office (so 5 rooms really), 3 bathrooms (2 full, 1 half), 2-car garage, spacious open floorplan, beautiful kitchen (the guy is an Asian chef), a master bath that has a walk-in closet big enough to have 2 entrances, a backyard playground for the girls, etc. I could go on and on. BUT, this house is also toward the top of our budget. We could do it, but we would have to take a hard look at our budget and give up our amount of frivolous spending. But it would be worth it!

We are preparing to make an offer. We are really stepping out on a limb here and putting a ton of faith in God. Our house is still not listed, so it would be a contingency offer. We are offering less than the asking price, plus asking that the sellers cover the closing costs. Are we setting ourselves up for disappointment? Hopefully not. But we do trust that God can make this happen if this is to be our house. If not, it won't happen, and we continue looking. Not the end of the world. Again, it's His call, not ours or the sellers.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog! That house sounds so amazing! You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I started it about a month ago (maybe less). Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete