Thursday, July 1, 2010

The preparation

As I mentioned in my last post, we are in the process of getting our house ready to put on the market. We have been in this house (around 960 sq ft or so) as a family of 5 for over 2 years, as a family of 2 for over 5 years, and Jon has owned it for about 7 years or so. It's time to move on, so to speak.

This has been something we have been talking about doing since we found out we were having triplets. Jon's job with the Army Reserves made it hard for us to make that leap because his position was a year-to-year contract position, so we never knew if that year was going to be his last at that job. This past October, our fear became a reality. He was told that his extension was not approved. So, not only was I unemployed, but at that point, so was he. We had no idea what was to come. To top it off, we were in a car accident 2 days after Christmas and lost the only car that fit our entire family in it. So, no jobs and now no family vehicle. Somehow, I knew this was still a work of God. This was a test of faith. I never once doubted that something good was going to come at the right time...His time. Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." I thought of this verse every morning. I knew that God kept our family safe during that accident. If the car hit us less than a second before, at least one of our daughters may not be here or may be paralyzed. But He was with her, and the rest of us. I cry as I type this because it reminds me how blessed we are and how God really does hold all of us in His arms, whether that be here on earth, or in heaven. He protects every person in one way or another. He was there with us during that accident and I will never forget that. Never will I take Him for granted and never will I believe miracles are a thing of the past.



But I digress. Back to the moving. Within 6 months, both Jon and I were blessed with great jobs. He was accepted into the Army National Guard AGR program, which is something he has been wanting for about 5 years. I landed a job as the HR Generalist for Hosparus, a WONDERFUL company with passionate people. Within days after the accident, we were able to find a vehicle that would hold all 5 of us and we were able to pay for it outright. We now have 2 family vehicles, one being a really nice minivan that our family desparately needed! And now we are fortunate enough to start the moving process to a house that will be a better fit for us.


The plan is to have our house ready in less than 2 weeks. We are well on our way there, but there's still a lot of work that needs to be done. Please pray that the process goes as smoothly as possible. Please pray that our house isn't on the market for months and months. Please pray that we find a house that meets our needs, yet still allows us to live comfortably. Please pray that we find this in a timely manner. I know this is a lot to ask for, but I know He can do it. He will provide. I just have to practice what I preach and be patient and allow all of this to happen in His time. He knows what He's doing (what my blog site is all about) and I just have to trust Him. And I'm at peace with that.

1 comment:

  1. You guys are awesome! Since I met you, less than 4 years ago, I have seen you overcome so many difficult things, only to be even better people. Your love for each other, the girls and your faith are inspirations to me all the time. Can't wait to see the next stage of life God has for you guys!

    ReplyDelete