Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Ouch!

What a big girl I have...

I received  a call from the day care center yesterday stating that my daughter (Abby) fell on a toy and needed immediate attention. My heart dropped. I started seeing black. No one wants to hear that something has happened to your child.

Abby ended up biting through her lip (or rather the section underneath her lip - the part that people get pierced). As horrified as that may sound, I was expecting to hear that she broke something. Thankfully, that wasn't the case.

I arrived and saw that she bit through her entire lip (through and through as they call it). She needed 3 stitches. She was such a big girl. When I arrived, all she said was "Mommy, I have a boo-boo." I wanted to melt. No one wants to see their child hurt. Thank goodness I had a "big girl" and she was so brave. Stitches come out on Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. Poor sweet girl! Sounds like you both handled that like champs. Let us know how the the stitches go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across your post as my 18 month got the same injury. She got 4 dissolvable stitches that never dissolve and but had them taken out at 12 weeks. We are 15 days since injury and her scar looks even worst (red, raised, some dot looking track marks). Will the scar fade and flatten? I would love to hear how your little one healed up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess who's 12 now and just found this blog literally about me and my sisters? Me! haha love looking at the old stories. I don't even remember getting these stitches! well, I was only 2. just thought it would be fun to comment on here in case anyone ever sees this page again. XD although I think everyone following this page already knows that we're 12 now ;)

    ReplyDelete